Friday, October 16, 2009

Evolution Of The Digital Camera

Remember the old days, when buying a digital camera meant choosing between two or three models? That was the year of 1995, and had literally only three digital cameras which had been introduced in the market for consumers at Apple QuickTake 100, the Kodak DC40, and the Casio QV-11. So it was easy to get information about each camera and decide what works for you. Well, those days are gone forever. Now if you want a new digital camera will find hundreds of different models and make countless decisions, as many megapixels as you want the camera has, what type of media you want your camera to store your images, and what levels of optical zoom digital and you ... no easy task, especially if like me you're not sure what a megapixel. Recently I decided that my old film camera needs an update and took the landmark decision to buy my first digital camera. Although I've always been one of those people who avoid new technologies, friends and family for years told me it was time to go digital. In his view, the benefits of having a digital camera well above my fear of high technology. They said I could save a fortune on film and development costs, I could see my pictures instantly on my computer, edit, and print only what he wanted. So I decided it was time to jump on the bandwagon of technology and I'm just a small digital camera. Easier said than done. Many trips to electronics stores in my area disappointment has left me confused and lower chamber. I've never been intimidated by the sellers, but electronics stores have been completely overwhelming. I had no idea that digital cameras were so many on the market today and also has difficulty understanding what the vendors were talking about when they launched their products! Megapixel, CF, CCD, ppp, MMC ... Anyone know what these terms mean? I finally sought fortune in the Internet where she could do research on my own terms, without roaming vendors in the comfort of my home. I tried the online shopping sites big first, but found most of them, even more shocking and confusing than in the stores. I'm using the Internet for years, but I had trouble finding my way around most of these sites. Not just the cameras, but has yet more to choose from several digital shops! I had not thought possible. I needed a guide ... impartial language guide could understand. Finally, I found a new website called www.techselector.com. The site is committed to helping find the right product every time, in four easy steps. After my previous experiences I've had my doubts about this, but decided to give it a shot. He ordered me to first pick the product you are looking for - digital cameras - and then complete a short multiple choice questionnaire. I expected the questionnaire to be boring, full of terms that he had not understood, but it did not. It's been easy, and all the technical terms are explained in everyday language. After completing the questionnaire, the site has generated my personal Product Report, which lists the best products for me on the basis of responses to my questionnaire. The report was easy to understand - I could see the product images, technical details, and compare different products. After a few minutes reading through my product Report, I made a decision and with the click of a button, I bought my first digital camera. Certainly it is no longer 1995 and not much more than three digital cameras to choose from, but today's cameras have amazing features that could not even imagine then. Do not let the overwhelming selection of available models and confusing technical jargon keep from getting a new camera or any new large high-tech gadgets. Techselector.com has a number of different product categories, high-tech guides, and glossaries that can help you understand all the terms and features. Best of all, the site can help you search through the different products and find what fits you best - quickly and easily. My new camera arrived a few weeks ago and I have almost forgotten what it means to buy the movie. If I knew it would be so easy to find the perfect digital camera for me, I would have done long ago.